ISSTDWorld Online Community Guidelines
Thank you for being a part of ISSTDWorld, the Online Community of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD). This is a great medium through which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations about policy, research, and practice pertinent to complex trauma and dissociation. To ensure the best possible experience for all members and in order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we have established the following guidelines for participation.
Participation in communities within ISSTDWorld is a privilege, and not a right, of membership. Any post that violates a Community Participation Rule or is determined to be inappropriate for any reason may be removed at ISSTD’s sole discretion. ISSTD also reserves the right to moderate posts or individuals and suspend or terminate access to the community for any reason at any time.
Community Participation Rules
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. Irrelevant, off topic, or inappropriate posts may be rejected or removed. Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation--not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post commercial messages to any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- This includes, but is not limited to trainings, consultation, or training services, books, or any other products or services provided at a cost.
- If you offer a training, product, or service you feel would be helpful to someone in relation to their post, do not respond to the whole group. Instead, respond directly to the individual who posted by choosing ‘Reply to Sender’. Responding to the group will be considered a violation of this community rule and the post will be removed in its entirety.
- Do not divert conversations to a forum outside ISSTDWorld. ISSTD is not affiliated with any groups or forums created outside of this community and neither endorses nor is responsible for any of their content.
- Respect client privacy. Do not post any client personal health information or images without appropriate permissions and ensuring that you are in complete compliance with all applicable healthcare privacy laws.
- Adhere to ISSTD’s Member Code of Conduct. It still applies even in the digital domain, so please be mindful of it. You can read the Member Code of Conduct in full here.
- Questions regarding ISSTD policies and procedures should be directed to ISSTD by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (202) 803-6332. This is to ensure that you receive the correct and most current information available. ISSTD is not responsible for misinformation that may be posted by members in the community.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants may choose to reproduce postings from this site, and ISSTD has no control over that possibility. ISSTDWorld is a proprietary and closed social network, but we cannot ensure the confidentiality of postings.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities libraries.Do not ‘spam’ several communities or libraries with the same message. Cross-posting should be kept to a minimum, and only done when absolutely necessary.
- Please be aware that ISSTD is an association of individuals who are deemed by law to be competitors in the marketplace. As such, any discussions regarding "appropriate" fees or other business practices that may be considered anti-competitive or potentially inconsistent with antitrust laws will be deleted as soon as ISSTD becomes aware of them, at ISSTD's sole discretion (see Legal Statement below).
ISSTD does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, individual communities, such as Special Interest Groups (SIGs) may employ an appointed or elected moderator as part of the normal functioning of the group. All communities that do not employ a dedicated moderator are set to self-moderation, which means that members of the community may flag inappropriate messages for ISSTD to review.
Flagging a Message as Inappropriate
When a message is flagged, it is temporarily removed from the community and an alert is sent to the appropriate community moderator. This administrative alert includes the name of the person who flagged the message and the reason it was flagged.
Once the content has been reviewed, it will either by permanently removed from the community or released from moderation, which will make it viewable in the community again.
Please note that, depending on when a message is flagged, it may still appear in real-time and daily digest
HOW TO FLAG A MESSAGE
Online - On the message, click on the arrow next to "Reply to Discussion" to access the dropdown menu. Click on "Mark As Inappropriate". A pop-up box will appear requiring you to give a reason. After you do so, click Submit.
Email - Below the body of the message, click on/press the "Flag as Inappropriate" link. A browser window will open and you'll be taken to ISSTDWorld. Once you sign in with your email address and password, you'll see a pop-up box requiring you to give a reason. After you do so, click Submit.
IF YOU FLAG A MESSAGE
- Flagging messages is anonymous to other community members. Your name is only shared with ISSTD as part of the flagging process. It does not appear anywhere in the community in which you have flagged a message.
- You will not receive a notification after you flag a message confirming your submission. Once you click Submit, the process is complete.
- You will not receive a notification from ISSTD letting you know if the content was removed or not. Our main concern is notifying the poster if the message is removed.
IF YOUR MESSAGE IS FLAGGED
- You will not receive a notification that your message has been flagged. However, you may notice one of your messages is not appearing in the online community or did not go out in the community notifications. If you contact us, we'll let you know if it's because it was flagged.
- If your message is flagged and ISSTD determines it is appropriate, it will be made viewable on the community. You will not be notified.
- If your message is flagged and ISSTD determines it is inappropriate, we will send you an email notification that your message has been removed from the community and the reason why.
You agree not to post any information about any identified or identifiable patients.
Should you submit personal information, including protected health information, regarding a patient or other third party, you are responsible for ensuring that such third parties have been informed of and have been granted the appropriate consent, to the extent required by law, prior to the disclosure of their personal information.
Never disclose any material or non-public information, or any other confidential information, about your company or organization that is, or potentially is, proprietary, confidential, privileged, or sensitive. Posting should not risk noncompliance with laws respecting the security and confidentiality of such protected information. If you have signed a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement, then abide by its terms.
ISSTD is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ISSTD or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ISSTD be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ISSTD and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members arriving at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
We Respect Your Privacy
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
GOVERNMENT AND LEGAL DISCLOSURES
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
Changes to the ISSTDWorld Online Community Guidelines
ISSTD reserves the right to revise/change these guidelines at any time. If we do so, we will post the changes here and to other such places that we deem appropriate for notification purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the ISSTDWorld Online Community Guidelines or the ISSTD Member Code of Conduct you may contact ISSTD headquarters via email at email@example.com or by calling us at 202-803-6332.